Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Got 5 bucks?

I had a hankering for a slice of pizza today. I gotta say, it's the one "American" food I truly miss when I'm not in the States. The cheese in Asia just doesn't cut it, but I do love Iceland's own Pizza 67 with all those tiny shrimps on top. I headed over to the local pizza joint- B&T Pizza on the SW corner of 86th St. and Lex. for a slice. Have I not had a slice in so long that the price has gone up to $2.50? When I arrived in NYC, a token cost a dollar and so did a slice. The pizza wasn't the best I've ever had but it was completely satisfying. I wonder if the secret is that B&T uses lowfat cheese. For a regular pizza place they are always consistant, better than the neighborhood's famed Mimi's, on 84th and Lex. Well to tie up loose ends, I went to fancy pants Dean & Deluca for a large chocolate pecan cookie that cost $2.50. So yum! Lunch for 5 bucks in NYC, and the UES at that, not bad. (I had some water back at the office.)

No comments: