For Beijing, I wanted to stay in a courtyard hotel, to have the charms of an intimate guest house in a big city. A quick google search led me to Sino Hotel which helped me book Zhongtang , a nice siheyuan (a compound with houses around a square courtyard). The service was excellent and included a nice breakfast. The room was clean, cozy, well decorated, and most importantly- warm! (It was the last week of the year afterall.) They helped book a Great Wall tour (Simatai section- less touristy and spectacularly steep), and I would definitely recommend this little charming place.
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Courtyard hotels in Beijing
For Beijing, I wanted to stay in a courtyard hotel, to have the charms of an intimate guest house in a big city. A quick google search led me to Sino Hotel which helped me book Zhongtang , a nice siheyuan (a compound with houses around a square courtyard). The service was excellent and included a nice breakfast. The room was clean, cozy, well decorated, and most importantly- warm! (It was the last week of the year afterall.) They helped book a Great Wall tour (Simatai section- less touristy and spectacularly steep), and I would definitely recommend this little charming place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment