Thursday, January 17, 2013

Artist Quotes


The Gang, Zhaoxing, Guizhou, China.
Andy Adams of Flak Photo has been posting some great quotes on fb that are resonating with me. I've been in the organizing state of mind with my images for months now and feel the Baltz quote in every part of my work day. I'm reposting them to share with you and also to keep them on file here.

“To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.” — Elliot Erwitt

“Anyone can take pictures. What’s difficult is thinking about them, organizing them, and trying to use them in some way so that some meaning can be constructed out of them. That’s really where the work of the artist begins” – Lewis Baltz

And here are some updates to add to the dialogue: 1. Obama's plan to reduce gun violence and 2. NY passes strictest gun control laws in the Nation via Nina.

No comments: