Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Freezin' for a Reason

Polar Plunge, Harmony, PA.
Happy new year! We had a wonderful holiday filled with family and friends. I hope yours was a joyful one as well. My mom came to visit for a week and we had a blast with her. I'll post some highlights from her trip soon. We had a great start to the new year as seen in the polar plunge above.  We of course were just spectators. We're not nuts or gutsy enough to plunge into the freezing Connoquenessing River but the 70+ who participated raised money for the Harmony Parks and Fire and Rescue Departments.

The month is now half over and I feel as if I'm pulling myself out of the thick, dark winter. Many of my days were spent on the computer, cleaning up my archives, sorting and editing. It is necessary work but at times it can take so much of my brain energy, I felt drained many nights after a full day of working. We've just joined our local Y and are so very excited to have access to facilities, especially to a pool (swimming is one of my biggest joys in life). I'm also trying to get into the flow of shooting out here in PA. This new landscape is inspiring and I want to share it with you. More soon!

No comments: