Friday, February 15, 2013

P.S.- I love you

homemade lavender infused chocolate truffles
While Valentine's day is not everyone's cup of tea, and I can't really remember ever celebrating it, the posts from Design*Sponge leading up to yesterday was a reminder of what the holiday should be. An occasion to celebrate your love for your family and friends. All I ever wish is to be close to my family and friends, even though most of us are spread thousands of miles apart and can only see each other occasionally. Being in Western PA has only heightened that feeling. I often feel alone and miss my loved ones.

The person I chose to be with out here and love dearly is my darling husband Ross. We had a typical day of working on our projects, heading to the Y for a swim, walking Clyde, and watching a netflix movie at night (2 Days in Paris with Julie Delpy, suggested by D*S). I made dinner and surprised him with a batch of homemade lavender infused chocolate truffles. They were totally easy to make and a hit. I'm passing the recipe along, in case you would like to spread the love. ; )

Wishing you a sweet weekend with loved ones.

No comments: