Sunday, October 25, 2009

THE Apartment

Ok, here's what I'm working with- my memory and these photos of the apartment I'm purchasing. Disclaimer: This is not my furniture or my apartment, yet.

The large foyer as you enter the apartment. There are three closets. No windows. It's fairly large (17.5' x 8'). I'm currently debating putting my (large) workstation to the left and hiding it with a tailored curtain when I'm not on the computer. I need a dark space to work in and this space is almost otherwise awkward. Any thoughts?


The living room.


Second view of living room.


The galley kitchen. I'm (crossing my fingers) hoping to redo the kitchen. It's made of of stand alone Ikea units and old cabinetry right now. My inspiration and idea is to have a white kitchen with a butcher block countertop and accenting the shelves with all the Orla Kiely kitchen stuff I got from Target this past Spring.


Bedroom. The major reason I picked this apartment: the bedroom faces the interior of the building. No more street noise. My ears have gotten too sensitive.


The hallway to the bathroom. Two closets = his + hers!


The bathroom. I'd love to redo the bathroom but this might have to wait. It's functional.

No comments: