Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sverresborg






















I am beginning to realize that I enjoy open air museums. Last summer's visit to Hancock Shaker Village in the Berkshires was so lovely that my Mom and I vowed to stay at one for a future vacation. (There are some old Shaker homes that have been turned into hotels.) The Old Bergen Museum was great but I thought the tour was way too short. I wanted to go into every building and peek into all the nooks and crannies. In Trondheim, there is a collection of mostly 18-19th century buildings that comprise the Sverresborg Trøndelag Folk Museum. We took a short tour of four of the buildings, bumped into the bride and groom of a (real) traditional Norwegian wedding, ate some freshly baked flat bread, and lingered in the shade of a sod covered roof house. Now I'm thinking I should plan a trip to Colonial Williamsburg. Has anyone ever been?

No comments: