What a silly name for a mushroom, chicken of the woods! Geoff's brother, David, found a chicken of the woods while hiking in Stokes Forest on Saturday morning. They are not common and are quite distinguishable. David has a huge fascination with mushrooms. All I care about is whether or not it's edible- the first thing I asked David when I spotted this on the kitchen counter at George's house. We ate this one for dinner that night- David sauteed it in a wonderfrul cream sauce with some wine and herbs. Yum!
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Chicken of the woods
What a silly name for a mushroom, chicken of the woods! Geoff's brother, David, found a chicken of the woods while hiking in Stokes Forest on Saturday morning. They are not common and are quite distinguishable. David has a huge fascination with mushrooms. All I care about is whether or not it's edible- the first thing I asked David when I spotted this on the kitchen counter at George's house. We ate this one for dinner that night- David sauteed it in a wonderfrul cream sauce with some wine and herbs. Yum!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
But what doe sit taste like?!
It's supposed to taste like chicken but it doesn't really taste like chicken. Not as flavourful or juicy as other mushrooms I've had. This was quite influenced by the sauces that it was cooked in. It had a nice chew to it.
thanks :)
Post a Comment