Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Ethical Fashion

The tragedy of the factory building collapse and horrific death toll in Bangladesh is bringing forth new dialogues on clothing manufacturing. After listening to the interview Terry Gross had with author Elizabeth Cline on Fresh Air about ethical fashion I thought about the manufacturing chain that gets our clothes go through. While a good portion of my wardrobe is vintage, used, made by either R or my family tailor, the discussion made me think long and hard about my choices in purchasing new clothing  and how I can improve on those choices by buying less, and making more ethical choices. I applaud the major retailers for finally taking a move in bringing about change in the safety standards of the factories that manufacture their clothes in Bangladesh.

Do you have any recommendations for sources of ethical fashion?

No comments: